A major biologics pharmaceutical company needed additional fermentation skid capacity to scale up a new cell line from the lab to the clinical supply chain.
Based on the client’s User Requirements Document CPS was able to design and build three highly automated manufacturing fermentation systems used for clinical supply manufacturing. CPS also provided some lab fermentation systems for R&D development. The systems also became the proving grounds for the client’s PAT initiative.
- Process, Mechanical, Electrical and Automation Design & Engineering
- Detailed S88 Phase Logic
- PAT – Multivariable Oxygen Control Based on Gas Chromatograph – User adjustable set points
- SIP – CIP
- Scientist Develop their Own Recipes
- Cell Yield Optimization
- Area Model that Integrated Upstream and Downstream processing equipment
- Simulation of Tank Agitation
- Precision product additions – load cells and mass flow meters
- ASME BPE Skid Fabrication